Ear Health Auckland and Christchurch Terms and Conditions
Ear Health Auckland and Christchurch include clinics in the following locations:
No other Ear Health clinics are included in published offers, discounts, terms and conditions, advertisements, communications, and messages – (“Promotions”).
Participation or interest in any Promotion signifies acceptance of the advertising terms and conditions.
All Promotions may apply to one clinic location or more; offers are not transferable, cannot be combined with any additional promotion or offer, and cannot be redeemed for cash.
Ear Health reserves the right to extend, end or suspend any Promotion at any time.
Ear Health Auckland and Canterbury Privacy Statement
We collect personal information from you, including information about your:
- contact information
- interactions with us
We collect your personal information to:
- provide healthcare services and advice
- provide administration services for your appointment(s)
- inform you of our services, promotions and special offers.
Besides our staff, we share this information withMedicalal practitioners and organisations that support medical treatment to refer a patient for treatment or support current therapy.
Providing some information is optional. If you choose not to enter an occupational noise-induced hearing loss (ONIHL) ACC claim number or Veteran’s Pension number, we’ll be unable to provide those subsidised services.
We keep your information safe by using third-party providers, including:
Where data is encrypted, stored in state-of-the-art facilities, and access is restricted to staff and practitioners directly involved in your treatment and those who need to know. We regularly review our technology to maintain security.
Ear Health will handle the information you supply in accordance with the Privacy Act 2020.
We keep your information for as long as required by the Health (Retention of Health Information) Regulations 1996, which says that health agencies must keep any health records they hold for a patient for ten years from the last time they provided services to that patient. At this point, we securely destroy it by erasing all digital records and destroying all physical records.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you and ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information or correct it, please get in touch with us at email@example.com, or +64 9-480 5676, or 235 Onewa Road, Birkenhead, Auckland 0626.
Hearing Aid Satisfaction Guarantee
- The Lifetime Partnership applies for the lifetime (maximum six years) of the hearing aid(s) for the original purchaser only.
- Services provided under the Hearing Aid Satisfaction Guarantee are not transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- Ear Health reserves the right to determine the suitability of services required for each eligible individual.
- Free earwax removal is provided to the original purchaser for the life of the hearing aids (maximum six years).
30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Hearing aids may be exchanged for other products (of the same or lesser value) or returned for a refund within 30 days of purchase.
- The device(s) and all its components must be returned in good condition and in proper working order.
- Ear Health reserves the right to refuse to exchange or refund hearing aid(s) where the hearing aid (including its parts) has yet to be returned or is damaged or lost.
- A full refund for the invoiced devices will be issued once the devices have been returned in good working condition within the 30-day trial period.
- Any refund will be the amount paid by the original purchaser only, not including any discounts or funders’ contributions (e.g. ACC, Government subsidy, Veterans’ Affairs, or Insurance contributions).
Manufacturer Backed Warranty
- The warranty covers persons residing in New Zealand only.
- Hearing aids have two or three years of warranty, depending on the manufacturer’s terms.
- All manufacturer warranties cover manufacturing faults and defects.
- Please note the warranty does not cover damage caused by accidents or misuse.
- For persons residing in New Zealand, the manufacturer of your device/s will repair or replace, at their discretion, any hearing aid found to be non-operational due to a faulty component or workmanship.
- For international coverage, the hearing aids carry a 12-month International Warranty. Clients travelling overseas can bring their devices to any of the manufacturers’ service centres in the country they are visiting and have them repaired or replaced under this warranty policy.
- Accessories, such as TV devices, streamers, remotes, chargers, FM remote controls and FM systems, come with a standard 12-month warranty.
- Receivers for Receiver In Canal (RIC) products have a 12-month warranty.
- Rechargeable batteries have a 12-month warranty.
Hearing Aid Trial
- A hearing aid trial includes all hearing aids as advertised or communicated as available for a trial period and those offered at the discretion of the audiologist in the clinic.
- Consideration for a hearing aid trial is at the sole discretion of the Ear Health audiologist.
- Commencing a hearing aid trial is subject to a hearing assessment with hearing loss identified and an Ear Health audiologist determining hearing aids are required.
- The hearing assessment excludes pre-employment referrals from General Practitioners, Otolaryngologists (ENT), and any other organisation, medical professional or specialist.
- If the hearing aid(s) are lost, not returned or damaged, Ear Health reserves the right to charge the client up to 100% of the hearing aid(s) value.
- The hearing aid trial period is up to 14 days but can be shorter or longer in duration at the discretion of the audiologist.
- The trial excludes hearing aids wholly subsidised by the Ministry of Health, ACC or other organisations.
- The trial period begins on the date of the fitting.
- Ear Health remains the hearing aid owner during the trial period until the client makes full payment.
- The client may not reassign, transfer or sell the hearing aids.
- The client agrees to:
- Follow instructions Ear Health provides for the proper use of the hearing aids.
- Use the hearing aids solely for the purpose for which they are intended.
- When not in use, properly store the hearing aids in the storage container provided by Ear Health.
- Ensure that the hearing aid(s) are covered at the total replacement cost through their insurance policy for the trial’s duration.
- Assume responsibility for any damage or harm incurred by the hearing aid(s) that falls beyond the scope of normal wear and tear or inherent defects.
- Not do any act which is likely to damage or alter the condition of the hearing aids.
- Immediately report any damage, loss or other issue impacting the return of the hearing aids at the time and date specified by Ear Health.
Save When You Book a Microsuction Appointment Online
- From time to time, we offer a discount for booking a microsuction appointment online.
- The discount is not always available.
- The discount offer details and dates (if any) are available here for Auckland or here for Christchurch.
- Clients must book online and attend an in-person ear cleaning by microsuction appointment at Ear Health before the discount is applied.
- The discount is only valid for full-priced appointments.
- The discount is not available for paediatric appointments.
- The discount offer cannot be combined with another special or discounted ear-cleaning appointment.
- The discount offer is not available in conjunction with any other offer.
- An online appointment booking must be made before the offer expires.
Hearing Aid Repair Or Trade In
Trade-In and Save
- The trade-in credit value is solely at the discretion of our team and is subject to change at any time.
- The credit can only be applied toward purchasing a new set of hearing aids and cannot be redeemed for cash or other products.
- The trade-in hearing aids must be undamaged, and we reserve the right to refuse any trade-in offer.
- The trade-in offer is not valid with any other promotions or discounts.
Repair and Refit
- Our repair services are for hearing aids only and do not include other hearing-related equipment.
- Pricing for repair and refit is based on our standard rates and is subject to change without notice.
- We reserve the right to refuse service for any reason, including limited parts availability or technical difficulties.
- Any warranties only apply to the repair or refit services provided and not for the original hearing aid manufacturer’s product warranty.
- Our repair and refit services are not guaranteed to restore all hearing aids to their full functionality.
- We cannot be held liable for any damage or malfunction that occurs due to the repair or refit process.
By using our Trade-In and Repair/Refit services, you agree to the above terms and conditions. We reserve the right to modify these terms and conditions at any time without notice.
Winter Warmer Vouchers
- Clients must attend an in-person appointment at Ear Health before claiming a voucher.
- An appointment booking for a hearing aid discussion or hearing assessment must be made by 31st July 2023.
- The offer is only available for binaural (both ears) hearing aid purchases.
- To qualify for the voucher, hearing aids must be purchased by 31st August 2023.
- The offer is for one voucher per person, and one per pair of hearing aids only.
- The voucher offer is not available in conjunction with any other offer.