COVID-19 Update From Ear Health
Attending Appointments at Alert Level 2 or 3
If you are attending an appointment in person, please note the following:
- Masks or face coverings over the nose and mouth are required to enter our clinics.
- All visitors will need to scan the QR code or complete the contact tracing register upon arrival.
- Do not visit the clinic if you are unwell and experiencing symptoms, such as fever, cough, difficulty breathing, sore throat, sneezing, runny nose, loss of sense of smell, muscle aches.
- Do not visit the clinic if you are self-isolating, awaiting a COVID-19 test result, or have had close contact with someone who has a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis.
Additional Requirements For Appointments at Alert Level 3
If you are attending an appointment in person, please note these additional requirements:
- Please make a booking we cannot accept walk-ins.
- We will conduct a screening process before your in-clinic appointment.
- Please wait in your car until we invite you inside our clinics.
- Our practitioners will be using full PPE, including masks, gloves and isolation gowns.
Alert Level 3: Auckland and Selected Waikato Clinics
Updated guidance under Alert Level 3 allows you to attend in-person appointments at Ear Health if a delay in accessing our services will:
- impact your ability to maintain functional independence and/or
- have a significant, negative impact on your quality of life.
For our wax removal clients, this includes:
- blocked ears
- ear infections
- foreign objects in ears
- ear pain or discomfort
- reduced hearing
- interference with your hearing aid.
For our hearing aid clients in Auckland, this includes:
- diagnostic hearing tests for GP, ENT or ACC
- bothersome tinnitus
- insufficient hearing for daily communication
- hearing aid repairs and replacements
- hearing aid adjustments necessary for everyday communication
Our routine wax removal and hearing aid follow-ups that are not otherwise causing problems for clients are currently on hold.
We will contact you if you booked an appointment that you could not previously attend during the lockdown.
For new bookings and further assistance, please get in touch with us:
Alert Level 2
Ear Health clinics are open at Alert Level 2 with increased safety procedures and policies.
If you have an appointment booked, you can attend this as scheduled. If you cannot attend your appointment, please get in touch with the local clinic to reschedule.
To find the contact details of your nearest clinic, please visit our clinic locations finder.